Balcony Bra Solutions for Big Boobs
October 15, 2018
In case we have not had the pleasure, my name is Deinma (bra obsessed sister Number 1) and I love lingerie.
Being a little woman with big boobs, I have somehow stumbled into the strange role of becoming a lingerie aficionado. In other words, I have had to learn about bras and about finding the right size and support and believe me when I say, I have come to have an unusual amount of information about bras and brands and fit.
For the next couple of posts, I will be reviewing my favorite bras and bra styles. My hope is that you begin to appreciate and LOVE bras as much as I do!!
I was reading a book by Cora Harrington. What caught my eye was the bit she wrote about Balcony bras – because that’s what I had planned to talk about today.
Here are the Balcony bra Facts (from Cora Harrington)
Balcony bras have:
- Wide necklines and widely spaced strap
- Gives a high rounded cleavage
- Women with broad shoulders and full on bottom breast shape
- Low cut tops
For bigger bra cup sizes DD and above:
- The Title “balcony” usually refers to a Demi cup
- Demi cups cover about half the breast tissue; a good compromise between a full cup and a severe (rack) balcony
And now that we have the technical mumbo-jumbo out of the way…
Let’s look at our spotlight bra!
Reviewing the Jasmine bra by Panache
Asking me what my favorite bra is like asking a mother which is her favorite child.
However, I’ll tell you what I like about the Jasmine bra by Panache:
- Available in size 30E to 38K
- Comes in 11 different patterns: the patterns are little hit and miss but my favorites are the flower print, Pink multi, and black animal print.
- The cups are thoughtfully designed with a side sling that pushes your boobs forward and stretchy lace in the top cup that is fantastic if like me you have asymmetry between your boobs.
- The stretch in the top cup accommodates the bigger boob and masks the reduced volume that I normally experience with the smaller boob.
- The straps are lightly cushioned so there is minimal digging on the shoulders (which is great if you have heavy boobs).
- The wires are perfect for me, they don’t dig into my underarm.
- The band is sufficiently wide so great support and is breathable which is a lifesaver when the sun decides to turn up the heat.
- It has 3 hooks and the side rubbing against the skin has a soft and plushy feel to it.
- The only real con for me is that the bottom portion of the bra can dig into your belly (especially if you are like me – with a little more to love in the middle section).
This is a great all-round bra. I wear it to work because it gives me great support – whether I’m running around the hospital or bent over a microscope all day. I also wear it on a night out when I want a bit of va-va voom under a low cut top (it gives that “gbesoke” look ? – if you know what I mean)
Until next time.